Thursday, April 20, 2006

Another term, another boring lecture

Oh well, classes started just today. Everything was alright. It was nice to see a lot of my other coursemates (those who I talk to and those who I don't talk to). And it was surprising to see the lecture hall full of students for IQE (Introduction to Quantatitive Economics), led by the infamous Italian lecturer.

Again, the lecturer was so ful of crap, I could only understand parts of his sentences, and understood just the jest of the lecture. Isn't that crap? But it was funny to feel that I finally was paying a lot of attention to his lecture today, and understood the most (of all the lectures I've attended).

Finally I got my haircut. It was all worthwhile. During the lecture, I had to look up to the projection screen, but to have my hair block (most of) my eyes. From then onwards, I decided to get it, no matter what, and it HAS to be today. (Yes, after so many days of constant nagging that's coming from my friends, which is not something you see everyday, I made up my mind). I entered the salon, and found out I had to make an appointment at a time 2 hours from that moment. Since my initial plan was to go practise a bit of my current piano task (Brahms' Piano Quartet Op.60), I decided to stay there till The Time has come. While practising, I started to get bored with the only book that I brought with me (and also some pieces that I played unsuccessfully from memory), so I went back to my room just to bring along the song that I played during the Chinese Concert that was held last year (I think I wrote something about it). I didn't have it originally, but since I came back yesterday from visiting one of the piano teachers in my music school in Birmingham and got my stuff from her, only then I got my score. (I wanted it because I forgot almost all the notes!).

Back to main story: I finished practising, and got my haircut. (Btw, I had the haircut by a Szechuan lady. Not a bad hairdresser too!). I came back home and checked the past year exams. While "proof"-reading one of the exam paper, I saw one of the questions that had to do with today's topic. I was wishing that that topic would come out this year too (so that I can answer it and pass with flying colours =P). Yeah, it was that easy to understand.

Oh, stop boasting. I had better go back to studying now. Or sleep. I'll need it tonight. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment