Saturday, January 07, 2006

Enter the mind of a thinker..

Two days have passed, and the first classes had been attended. Officially, the first week is over! Yippee! Seriously, it's as thought I'm counting down the days, even though the term has just started. It's more like mathematics now, I mean the modules this term. At least there're things that we're learning now that doesn't require us to prove so many things. Gosh! Well, except for the same old Analysis module, this time, Part 2. Haha! Boring! But wait.. There's more...

Well I was thinking of writing this on the day itself, and everything I write now are things that would happen to come across my head while listening to the lecture, and start to day dream, due to the massive boredom factor the lectures were emitting. This was Friday, 6th of January, my first ever day in Warwick which had 4 hours straight of lectures.

So first came the most boring class I've ever attended, well, just in Term 1, that's for sure. But here comes the really unexpected part. After I entered the lecture theatre, the room was really busy, as students from the previous class was seeking for help from their lecturer and students for this class were starting to fill the hall, and then I saw a guy fiddling with the OHP and checking the boards. At first I thought he was a student, but I was definitely wrong. When everybody settled down, he started talking. OMG. Someone so young teaching us this module this term?! It was so unbelievable. Someone wearing glasses, really good-looking (yes, as a guy, I think he really is good-looking), wearing really nice clothes, and someone who knows his stuff. He really knows how to teach! It really feels different with him teaching. I get to enjoy the module now, as his method of teaching is totally different from the geeky-looking spectacles-wearing professor who seems to talk to himself while he lectures. Argh, gets on my nerves.

Then comes Games and Decisions. We had to rush from the Maths building to the Arts Centre in 5-10 minutes to get there (and after this, we had to go back to the same lecture hall again for 2 more classes. what a waste of time!!). And guess what. It was an introduction to the module, and just a brief description of what we are going to learn. What the f***! Oh well. So I just sat there and started thinking, well, more like looking around the class. I realised there were a few prominant ones that I keep seeing in classes, but they just give me really weird impressions. Just like one who girl who's kinda short, but always (well, all the time I see her) wears a pink shirt/overall and a really big scarf. Then there's this one guy who I see is as bored as I was, but somehow was thinking about a lot of stuff, I guess. He was fidgetting with something while looking downwards towards his thighs. Whoa, he really knows how to look good in clothes. One tall guy too. He's Chinese. Hmm.. Then there was a bunch of girls from China who just can't separate themselves. They're so close with each other that, well, they can't sit somewhere else. Oh, they had a choice anyway. When one sits down in a seat of a row, the others just follow. Just like a mexican wave. And not to forget this guy, who I always see coming into a lecture (basically, ANY lecture) with a bottle of soft drinks, usually a 2-litre bottle of (Diet) Pepsi. I seriously think he hates water. Hello? Water isn't expensive?! Ah, and then there is the lecturer. One plump man who looks like he's talking to himself more than talking to the whole class. He looks at the ceiling while he talks, or looks at the presentation slides to see what he should be talking about. Just reminds me of my Maths teacher back in Senior High School. Hehe...

OK. So the class surprisingly started 10 mins later and ended 10 mins before. He's really funny, and furthurmore, he gave us a 5 minutes break in between his presentation. Haha...! Anyway, we rushed back for the remaining 2 lectures. This time, there was a test happening in the hall, so we had to wait for it to end before we could enter. But it took quite a while, and the lecturer could start at quarter pass 2, which is 10 mins after the time it should begin (classes should start 5 mins after time, and end 5 mins before time). The lecturer was quite angry for the delay, so was rushing through the whole section. Gosh. But I didn't even bother to copy down any notes, as he's basically teaching the same things as in the notes. No point. So I started to daze off again. I was looking how he was brushing to and fro on the ground, and trying to deliver some difficult concept or theorem to us. As I looked closely, he reminds me of someone. Of course! Leonardo da Vinci! Haha! Seriously. He has long hair, but a patch of baldness on top of his head. Alongside with the hair, he had a really long beard. Together with the things that come out of his mouth, he seriously looks like him. Haha! So now we have a Leonardo II teaching us. =P

Analysis again. It gets even more interesting. This time, I was thinking about something else the whole time, so I wasn't really paying full attention to the lecturer, but I managed to understand every single thing he taught. Not bad for a lecturer, aye?

Anyway, really tired now. I wanted to write this on the day itself, but I couldn't cuz I was really tired after 4 hours of lectures, and some stuff happened after that too. If it was written earlier, it would have been better, more expressive. =P Sorry! hehe.............

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. Jon Warren is good looking!!
    Haha. Now i so semangat wanna learn analysis.

    ReplyDelete