Sunday, January 15, 2006

Another year, more birthdays to come..

It's my best friend's birthday today. She kinda forced me to go to London with her housemates today with her, but partly, I wanted to go to.

So like I said in the previous post. I came here yesterday, so I woke up with the others, and went straight to the train station to take the next train to London. We got there at about 12pm. We had lunch as soon as we got there. But of course, we had to take the Tube to our desired choice of restaurant, and that would be at Chinatown in a chinese restaurant. We chose "London Chinatown" (in chinese, it was actually chui heng, so it was a surprise to see it here in London too). Dim sum was not that bad, and so was the noodles we ordered. It totalled up to about 33 pounds altogether, but shared among 5 of us.

Then we had time to shop. We went to Leicester Square, Oxford Circus, hmmm... Where else?? OMG. I just followed our 'leader' everywhere we went. Some of the train service was down, so we had to take other trains and switch like mad just to get to one station, which can easily accessible if the trains were working. I guess we wasted quite a lot of time switching trains, then to shop. In the end, I wasn't able to buy anything, due to the lack of time we had. I wasn't that upset about that anyway.

For dinner, we had to rush back to Chinatown again. We chose Japanese cuisine this time. And of course, they have quite a few Japanese restaurants there. We just picked one of them randomly, but the food we had was satisfying. It was nice indeed. Come to think of it, I didn't touch Japanese food when I was back in Malaysia. What a waste! Sighs... So many things happened, and so little time. Sighs....

That was at about 5.30pm. Yes. We were just there for, I dunno, 5 hours? Of course I know how to count. I deducted the waiting times during our travels. Seriously, I think it was such a waste. But, down to the point, I had fun today. I got to spend a bit more time with my best friend, and I felt happier.

You know, it's such a morbid place to live in the university, especially the times when there aren't any thing for you to do around, and no friends ask you out for any meet ups or so. Maybe I'm not that sociable. I want to have fun too, but it's just my inner voice which keeps on telling me that I'm really tired and lazy to go. Furthurmore, the places some go just disinterest me. I prefer meet ups where we get to sit down in a quiet place, and we chat the night away. That's my ideal hang out. Seriously. Now, don't you think I'm like an old man? Haha!

So, as the title suggests, it's another year, and we all get another year older. Time really does fly fast. A part of me wants time to pass as fast as it can, and another wanting to stay young... Aren't I asking for a lot? Don't anyone? Oh well...

Getting really tired. Guess I had better go. But before I do, I'd like to wish my best friend a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. My birthday is 12 Sept. *hint hint*

    ReplyDelete