Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's one of those days...

Yep, one of those days - when you feel so exhausted mentally, but not at all physically. So I got up terribly early today, lazed around on my bed till I finally see a glimpse of light from beyond my window.

Threw myself out of bed, I landed myself on a set of Sunday newspapers, and guess what? Headlines: "Yoga Ban"

How ridiculous can that get?

Yeah, this too

Apparently, in short, the poses or stances were done as acts of Hinduism worship and a way to feel "closer to God". In contrast, Muslims are not supposed to practise any other religions in any way thinkable (which IMHO, is kind of silly in the strictest sense). Sooo... They are trying to ban it to all Muslims (initially, I thought this was actually applied to everybody in M'sia, which is simply absurd). Then that made me wonder: How would THEY know if, say, a simple Muslim soul decides one day to practise yoga at home? I'd say: People DO do the darndest things in the world (not to mention our lovely country).

In other news, our Home Minister addressed in a recent Blogger's Buff 2008 conference that we, bloggers, have to have a code of ethics/conduct in whatever we write. Which made me think again: Isn't the internet supposed to be a place for all of us to have freedom of speech, a freedom to initiate our own personal opinions without anything to bind us with? Beats me...

Chained (literally) to the computer

It really isn't like me to be commenting on current issues, huh? Lol. I guess, for me, it IS one of those days...

1 comment:

  1. gosh... the government shud really spend their time doing something that benefits the country instead of taking care of all this ridiculous matters which doesnt even seems like a problem at all...

    ReplyDelete