Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Failure

How many times have you failed before?
[It's hard to accept that, for most of the time in my life, that I have been doing well in most of the things that matter to me. I've been applying for some internships, but today was the first time I received an answer: and you guessed it, I was rejected.]

How do you cope with failure?
[Since I got that reply, I was thinking to myself: what have I done wrong to not get that internship? Was it because of my resume? Or is it because I'm not fit to be there? Sighs... And for the fact that the other companies has not replied me makes me think that I got rejected as well. In addition with the conversation I had with my sisters yesterday night made me worry even more.]

Did it make you see things differently?
[Since the rejection letter, I decided to apply to other companies which I initially had no intention in joining at all -- which are the accounting firms. My friends were smart. During the careers fair few weeks back, they handed over their resumes to the Big 4 companies, and they've already got job offers (well, one of them said, because of a required phone interview and a completion of another job application form, he didn't bother, and thus not trying for that intership. I'd die to have that now).]

It's like you've been dumped with few tons of filth over you, and you stand there disgustedly smelly and horrible.

What are your views?

1 comment:

  1. 失败是成功的老母.


    haiyo. i believe everything is a blessing in disguise. just keep on trying. and you will get what you want.
    haiyo.

    ReplyDelete