Monday, January 22, 2007

101 things I think about before I go to bed

Apparently, I have a class at 11am tomorrow (or 12pm, depending on whether or not I should skip that particular lecture), and now, I am typing this post, just to refresh my mind on what I was thinking about while trying to go to bed.

  1. "I'm hungry." I've been feeling hungry since almost the end of the concert. I wanted to just ignore the hunger, and just go to bed. Afterall, I could say that I skipped a meal, thus lightening up my weight. After a few struggles to keep my mind off food, I decided to have something to munch on.
  2. "I still have clothes in the dryer, and I need to fold them so I can stuff them in my cupboard." Well, since I was going down to get myself some food, I might as well collect all my clothes at the same time. But when I got there, my clothes felt cold and (thus) wet. So I switched the dryer on again to let it dry for a few more minutes.
  3. "I promised to check tonight whether there are any tickets left for the One World Week Fashion Show." This bothered me the most (well, the 2nd biggest problem). I had been asking my friends whether they wanted to go for the fashion show, since I hadn't got the chance to check out the show last year. So I was kinda desperate to get the tickets, only to find out that there isn't any left on the website to buy.
  4. "What was the song that Ayumi sang in her live countdown show with the hand movements, esp the one with the hands framing the face?" Somehow, a song got stuck in my head, and so I wanted to get it out of my head, and believe it or not, I chose to think about another song so that song could go away. Guess what, it was gone, but I had to use my brain juices to think about that other song. Damn it.
  5. "What should I eat if I were to eat later?" That was disturbing. I ended up having a cereal bar (some Alpen Light, since I didn't want something to heavy to go in my tummy), 2 pieces of vanilla-centered biscuits, and 2 more pieces of bread with butter/honey and strawberry jam (there goes the "light meal"). At least I'm feeling much more satisfied than eating a cereal bar. =P

I've got other things as well, but it seems like I've forgotten them, or they were too personal to reveal. But ANYHOO... I was in the World Concert today. I originally wanted to go, but knowing that no one would have gone with me, I didn't bother to get the tickets (they were free as well). It was fate, in the end, that my housemate got 4 tickets, but she had to wind up in the Malaysian Night rehearsals today, so she couldn't make it. She gave them to me, in hope that I will find others who would want to go as well. I did, but some called to ditch me on the last minute, and so I ended up with one of my good friends living down the street. The other 2 tix were given to his pal who he bumped into before the show. The show was amazing: blends of different types of music, mostly folkish, some traditional. Nestor Torres, a Latin Grammy award winner and a flautist, got to perform in the 2nd half of the show, and it was great. Check his music out, if you can find them. The last song performed were by some of the talented musicians in the university (sifted out through an audition, which my housemate went as well, but didn't make it), and they were required to improvise during a song. Each had the talent in their own instrument, and got through really well. You know, we all stood up for that song, and feeling the rhythm in the beat, it just got me to move about while clapping the beat. For some reason, I was weak in the knees: maybe it's either I was sitting to stiffly on the seat, or the music did that to me. That's how good that guy was. Proves you HAVE to listen to his music.

Anyway, I think I'm starting to feel sleepy again... Adios!

2 comments:

  1. hmm sounds like me.
    i eat everynight b4 i goto sleep.
    don't worry, it'll only put on a kilo a month... hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there...
    well, i think a lot before i sleep too... hehe... i'd been disconnected to the world bcos of dat stupid connection... n felt like i'd lost contact with all people... hope u're alrite... chat with u again in msn if i have da chance... adios...

    ReplyDelete