Monday, January 01, 2007

Parisian Holiday (Part 3) ~ My Journal

Saturday 23/12/2006

A day filled of walking and shopping. See how much of time we're wasting, and not going sight-seeing (yes, I'm grumpy for the fact that I DID NOT go visit Notre Dame!).
We used another metro station today, so we got to see more places: shops that are actually nearby our home that we didn't know at all. First stop: 13th District a.k.a. Chinatown, Paris. Arrived at some shopping complex and shopped for Arena's cream (didn't know what she wanted anyway). Had lunch in a nearby restaurant where I tried a bowl of Cambodian traditional noodles: minced fish in green soup with vermicelli - reminds me of asam laksa, but just not spicy, unless you add chilli powder to it (phew!).
We took the metro again to La Fayette (again). It was a better place to purchase bags, since all the big brands were there, so we could save the hassle of shop hopping, while we could just hop around in the centre. But guess what. I had nothing to buy there, and I had to wait for the ladies to finish shopping, while I follow wherever they go (doesn't this make me sound like a little pooch?). But anyway, it was nice to see so many human specimens move around frantically to get their share of what La Fayette has to offer them (darn idiots). Well, in the end, after all the hassle of long (boring, for me) hunting and lining up, she got 2 identical purses, one to be shared for our host, and one for herself (I guess it's for her mom). So by the time we tried for a tax refund (which we couldn't, because we STAY in UK), it was already 7+ pm.
We got out of the madness, but admired the glittery and shiny buildings that behold us (am I grammatically right?). Took pictures outside La Fayette and surroundings, then went to Leon, a place where it's just like Nando's, but this place serves mussels as their main dish. But believe me, they sure do a great job with those sea-creatures.
After that, we went to Champ Elysees (for the THIRD time), and finally, I got to buy something: what you guys see me on MSN as Winnie the Pooh! Well, obviously, I didn't buy it FOR me, it was initially for my niece/nephew. However, they already had the bear, so I'm keeping it, since I've already bought it. Of course, the initial idea is still being executed; I got Tigger with it as well. So I guess it's a win-win situation.
After that, we tried the (French) crepe, and it was good. Well, I would say it tastes more like a pancake, compared to the ones in Malaysia (yueck!). Drank coffee with it again. What a night! (And what a waste of time!) (No offence, Arena!)

Sunday 24/12/2006 (Christmas Eve)

Thank God Musee d'Orsay (The Orsay Museum) is opened today. Thank God I got to visit this museum before I leave for London.
Woke up, blah blah blah.. Took the metro... You know, I think it's getting boring, so I have to spice things up a bit. Oh wait, it's interesting now. We didn't know the way (isn't this interesting enough?). Well, we were sure that we got off the correct station, but we were so clueless on where we should head next, left or right? Thank God for maps on bus stops, and road signs! Yes, we got there, but I swear on my full moon, as if the Museum was in walking distance! We walked quite for a while, but it was ALL worth it. The works were great: especially Monet and Vincent van Gogh! Damn, how I wished my eldest sister was here...
But anyway, Arena left that museum early to shop again (damn, when will she ever stop?). I stayed on, but left at around 2-ish. I got home first, and packed up, ready to go. While waiting for those ladies, I dozed off, and when I heard the dad saying "Where the hell did those to Miss-es go?", I woke up, and instantly heard the door click, and magically appeared right in front of him. What are the odds!
We rushed like crazy baffoons, as the dad was being SO worried that we can't get there on time (oh look! I still got back in Coventry in one piece...).

And that ends my great adventure in Paris. Whatever happened in London is another story....
(Note: I was there from the 24th to the 28th, so it's obvious something happened there)

Au revoir!

1 comment:

  1. wow... u visited those art museums? i wish i could be there to visit them too... hehe... at least u did had some fun besides shopping... anyway, thanks again for being a very nice friend for u're always there to listen to me and giving me a piece of comfort and advices... they do really help... thanks a lot... muaks...

    ReplyDelete