Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Dreams, or regrets?

I've been wondering to myself: "Have I chosen the right course? Am I supposed to be doing Statistics, when I'm supposed to be studying something that I would have liked; maybe (Contemporary) Music?"

How many of you out there had thought of this before? I'm sure at least some of you have. I'm sure I have too, and was on the brim of quitting as well.

The sight of all my friends applying for internships in many high-street companies, kinda sickens me. Well, not that I don't approve of working in such companies: I would do too. But I can't imagine myself in such an environment. The jobs that are more related to my course are just too tough, not to forget some of the most dull and boring jobs (currently that's what my mood tells me) that I could get into.

The thought of staying fixated in a company, in the same desk on the same chair, doing the same things over and over again (just with a variation in figures) sickens me. I've realised how much I want to be a someone, not some guy who does some mundane job, stereotyped as an average-joe.

The bottom line is: I can't. I'm already in this course, and I can't move anywhere else. I still have to go on, no matter what. Even if I want to do something else, it'll have to be after a few years of practice, and back to studying again. But then, I'll be old! Argh... This thing is getting on to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway... I've finished watching all the seasons for a hit comedy show. Had been hooked on it since the last few days of 2006, till today. Yes, that took me that many days to finish watching an 8-season -- about 24 episodes each -- series: you do the math. You know how Friends ended right? Frankly, I didn't really like the ending. It was too abrupt. They sold the apartment, and they just ended it there, where everybody just look back at what they have done in that apartment where all of them had stayed at least once. Well, it was like an ending, but sometimes, it just makes you want to know what will happen to them later in their lives. Don't it feel that way for you too? This time, this series, it ended so well. It was like, they shot the times when they are much older, and showed their audiences how well they are living, and what they would be doing. You know, those sorta things. They were fantastic. =)

2 comments:

  1. Finally somethin UPDATED!
    my advice for you. follow your passion & dreams. thats why after i grad frm law im going to further my design studies. my family always say, its never to old/late to study! :)
    Why not achieve somethin you are passionate in rather then slaughter your way to work in somethin u dont like!
    I tell you... you'll regret if you dont achieve what you like to do! But finish what you are doing now. Dont stop halfway.


    GANBATEH AH CHAN KOON EE!

    HAHAHAHAHA......

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm... I agreed what pinkybrain said... It's never too late to learn anything else. As they said... 活到老,学到老嘛~~~ So... Add oil ya... Alex! All the way support whatever you choose! =) Alright then... take care!



    JF Beauty =)

    ReplyDelete