Friday, March 10, 2006

Rainy day (courtesy of avex trax, ayumi hamasaki)

In a blogging mood now, all of a sudden, at 11.30pm, on a Thursday night, closing to a Friday, the start of the end of Term 2. Haha...

Hmm... How should I start? Well, I was in the shower this afternoon (woke up in the morning, but since I didn't have any classes till 4pm, I decided to shower before class). Have you wondered why people, when they're mad at someone, or just simply depressed or unhappy about something, when they shower and think back on the things that happened, it just gives you a even more depressing mood, and makes them even want to cry even more? What's the point of showering then?! Oh, I'm just kidding. What I wanted to really say is that the feeling of water falling on your head just makes you feel... hmm... sometimes relaxed, sometimes depressing, sometimes frustrating. Isn't water amazing? I'm kidding again. I love that feeling. Even though I'm not happy about something, after a session of hot water flowing down your body, you feel so much refreshed. I come out of the shower a new man. Haha... Kidding again. Don't you just hate it when I always say that? Frankly, I hate it when I think about something else when I write. You know, like when you're typing, it takes time for your fingers to write. And while typing, your brain takes you away, either bringing you to another conclusion, or just contradicting whatever you've just said. Yep, that's me. Don't you feel like I'm such a loser? You bet.

Well, for starters, we shouldn't be talking about these sorta rubbish. Back to the shower thingy. That reminded me of something we were talking about while we were having pot luck together. We were chatting about showering (don't ask me why that even happened), and one of my friends said they wanted to invent some kind of technology that doesn't require us to shower at all. Something to do with either robots cleaning you up, or not using water to shower. I can't remember. Either way, I think it's stupid. For heaven's sake, humans are natural, and we should resort to natural ways to upbring ourselves, not rely on machinery or technology to help us. Well, there are some instances that, without machinery, our lives would be miserable. For instance, I should thank God for the existence of microwaves. That really helped me a lot during the past few years, and reasonably more during my time in UK. Or what about computers? Damn are they good. Think about it. If we were without them, how would the world evolved so quickly? The things we do with computers: communication, processing, entertainment. How can we not like computers?

Speaking of water, it reminds me of one poem I wrote LONG ago. That was like a century ago. My close school friends knows about it. And to add on to the expression "LONG", it also implies the length of the poem. A 3-pager. I consider it a work of art. A really good way of expressing my inner anger and irritation I've contained in school. Just like when an artist spills paint on canvas. But they still call it art. If you know how art is interpretted, that'll help. Oh, back to my poem. I mentioned it cuz I had one stanza about how someone would stand under the rain and feel every single drop of it, arms held out straight, and eyes closed. Just like the feeling of showering, but the only difference is, you're wearing something.

That was lame, I know. =P Anyway, starting to get tired. Hope you enjoyed my ranting. Ciao!

3 comments:

  1. Good Alex...you are slowly turning philosophical muahahaha...eh dun put "kidding" here "joking" there lah...spoilt the whole piece hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. anyway... do publish that whole piece of poem here if you don't mind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i won't be able to publish it here. really copyrighted =P.

    anyway, if any of u wanna take a glance at it, let me know! ;)

    ReplyDelete