Monday, March 20, 2006

Life is indeed boring.

It's the first Sunday of the first week of the Easter holidays, and I'm already starting to think I'm really wasting away my holidays. How pathetic can my life get?

Yesterday, we had the 4th potluck of the week, the biggest one of all the rest for the week, because this time, my friend's friend came over to Warwick to visit, and 2 more other friends were invited to come over. Altogether, there were 10 of us. There were so much to eat. Well, the food was good, no doubt, but then, what I don't like about myself is that I'm never good at crowds. I never say anything, and even if I say something, I have the fear of people uninterested in what I say. If not, I also have the fear of people looking at me while I talk. Funny little me. Oh well. I was quite quiet the whole night, and I didn't feel so well at the end of it. Somehow my blood was boiling, and I felt like killing someone for some reason. I don't know what was wrong with me. Maybe it's the long stay over my friend's room and not having the time for myself for a really long time, or maybe I was quite left out of the conversation during the after-dinner chats, or maybe simply because I was just feeling really heaty after eating some stuff during the dinner and not drinking enough water AND my lips so dry that they hurt. My lips looked like 2 red-hot, burning sausages when I saw myself in the mirror! Damn. So how did I cool myself down? Had a LONG warm shower in a very space-limited cubicle at about 1.30 in the morning, without washing my hair, which I longed for so much to cool myself down. Yes, so it was not much help, but I felt much better.

I woke up when my friend had to leave soon for some volunteer work for Warwick Games held by the Msian soc (which now, I have not much say in anything, and I care less about), leaving myself alone in HIS room, and not being able to do whatever I want, still. Oh, how I long to sleep on a bed now. Sighs. Well, I had some time to chat with my friends on MSN this afternoon on my own laptop, and watched a movie that I downloaded off DC++ (very good p2p programme that we can ONLY use in the university), that is, a Stephen Chow movie that I haven't watched before. It wasn't as funny as I thought it would be, but it was alright. It was a turn off listening to the mandarin version than listening to them speak in their original cantonese voices. Got quite irritated by that. No one here had the cantonese version of the movies!!! Gosh.

So now I keep on telling myself,"One more night to go, just one more..." Hope that works, and finally will work properly this time.

If you don't know why I have this thing for not liking to stay over someone's place for a long time, I used to have one of my best friends come over to my house when we were classmates and he stayed over my house for the weekend. You know what? We end up fighting over small stuff and not talk on the last day. When we return to class the next day, the grudge that we had would have gone. Maybe that's why I can't stand living with someone too long. If that's the case, then how did I put up with my room mate in Benefactors for 20 weeks in total? Haha. That's another contradiction. This past 2nd term, we hadn't talked to each other for about 9 weeks out of the 10 weeks we had to be with each other. Maybe that's why I had a way of putting up with that... GUY.. Argh.

How I wish I was in Malaysia, back in KL again. Seeing my family, my friends, and my teachers; that's life. Miss them so much now. Speaking of which, my family just celebrated my nephew's 1st birthday, which I'm gonna be missing for the next 2 years too. WHY!?!?!?!

That's life!

PS: So is being turned down by a few firms for internships, not being asked to be a volunteer for Warwick Games and not being sociable enough in order to be active in my uni life -- is life?? Oh well. Such is MY life.

1 comment:

  1. being turned down by those capitalist firms is a good thing haha (well, at least that's what i think :P) now you have lots of excuses to wander around doing nothing haha

    will kacau u for a cup of green tea in ur new room someday (if I'm invited :P)anyway hope u love ur new room and all that!

    ReplyDelete