Sunday, August 16, 2009

When panicking leads to nowhere...

What happens if you worry too much, think too much, panick too much? ...

...you just don't bother worrying/thinking/panicking anymore.

But I have to admit, it was heart-attack-inducing anymore. =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When art fails to impress, I'm guessing the only way to a world of imagination filled with endless colourful possibilities: is a dead end.


So what I'm basically saying is: it's not the artist's fault. Everything done by the artist is open to interpretation. And you can't really blame the artist for being shallow/emotionless/boring. But there are exceptions when it's really not even interpretable. (Damn I'm mean.)

What I'm actually referring to are all aspects of art, ie, dance, fine art, sculpting, music, etc.

Recently, I've been attending a lot of these galleries and performances. (Yes, it has been a jam-packed schedule that even my friends hate me for not allocating some time to even talk to them on the phone.) Just yesterday, I went for a Butoh festival show titled "Butoh Noise".

Bunch of Butoh Dancers. Amazing, aren't they?

It was definitely an event that made me bleed in my ears and eyes. And I meant it in a good way.

G: "It was so horrible that I felt like standing up on my own two feet, grabbing my chair, and throwing it at the artist."
N: "Well, to me, it felt normal. I couldn't picture anything, but it was fine for me, since there wasn't any pitches above my tolerance level."

Very well said indeed. Summarised in just three sentences.

But I have to admit, the butoh dancer was extremely nimble. Bravo!



No comments:

Post a Comment