Sunday, September 25, 2005

A visit to Stratford-upon-Avon

OK, so I was supposed to visit that place since the last Wednesday, since the trip is actually part of the orientation programme in the University (yes folks, im in the university now, and yes, its in UK. isnt it fun?! argh...). So I didn't go. So what! I had to wait for my best friend to arrive in the university, as it was open day that day. I was delighted to see her then. Too bad she thought I was not happy to see her.. Sighs..

The university life hasnt really officially started yet, but I'm starting to get hyped up for the life here. It's been nice to meet various kinds of people, well, as in personalities (duh!). They're overall very friendly, although there's something bout me that I don't think they like, which is me being a boring person who doesn't go about clubbing and partying - stuff like that.

So back to the chase: We (me and a friend who my best fren knows, yes, the relationship is complicated, but its not tt complicated at all) were supposed to go on Saturday and return on Sunday (we're supposed to stay for a night at my best friend's house), but due to unforeseen consequences, we were unable to make it on Saturday (long story), but we went today instead.

The morning started off like any other. I woke up, blah blah blah.. Too bad I had to go down to check how the heck we were supposed to make it to Stratford. Damn, the journey was complicated, sorta. We had to take the bus to Leamington Spa, then take a train from there to Stratford. We returned the same way. The bus journey wasn't that bad. The most interesting journey was actualy on the train. I got to see the countryside, with a lot of sheep (yes, i didn't know they had SO many sheep here too.. hahaha). During the return trip on the train, I got to see BLACK sheep. That reminded me of that old nursery rhyme. Seriously, till now, when I recalled that scene that I saw then, that song would just pop out from my head. Hahaha!

So, at Stratford, it was a pity we didn't have much time to go into Shakepeare's birthplace, furthurmore, it was raining and later found out myself that it was quite expensive to tour around that area (about 6 pounds, i think). We had disgusting fish and chips (i'm not despising their 'national' food, but really, that shop didn't do a good job about their cooking. but i still finished the food, not like my peers). After that, we went over to Morrisons to have a look (dont know whether I spelt that right), and straight back to her house. The house was damn right far, but the house was lovely. It was a corner house, kinda like a bungalow to me, with distinct rooms. The rooms themselves look very new and simple. Kinda like my accommodation now too. I would like to live there.. Hehe.. So, we had chats with her housemates, good laughs, got to know each other better. It was fun.

Oh, almost forgot, straight after I got back to the campus, I saw my room lit. I knew my room mate had arrived finally (i didn't have a room mate the week before, well, since the start of orientation). So I actually rushed up the stairs to see who it was. Well, I was kinda disappointed to see it was a malay sharing a room with me, but I later realised he's really friendly and nice, someone who is quite interesting too. So if you're reading this, don't take me too seriously. I didn't have good impressions on malays. Sorry.. Well, maybe if I get to know you more, I may consider about having more malay friends, ya? haha..

But anyway, I think I got to go now. I'm kinda really tired from the trip I had today. So cya!

PS: I'll make sure I'll keep you guys updated with my news ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment