Monday, September 12, 2005

Listening to Mika Nakashima’s Hitori. The exact word to describe myself when I get to England. Gosh, I just realised how bad it would feel leaving friends and my family back here, not being able to see them again.

Tonight, I was being treated to a Chinese meal nearby my place by my uncle. It was so stomach filling that I think I’m about to throw up soon… I had 2 bowls of rice too, considering I don’t usually eat so much. Maybe it’s because of yesterday’s buffet which made me so hungry that I could swallow a cow… Haha! I was that hungry today though. However, tonight’s dinner was supposed to be a treat by my grandmother, but I originally did not want her to treat me, as she is a dependant, and she had already given me an ang pow as a sign of good luck for my studies. Luckily, my uncle snatched the opportunity to treat me instead.

You should laugh at me at this. I came back home, showered and dressed in my pajamas, casually came online to check out some stuff that I’d need to know when I get to the UK. I suddenly got a phone call after about 1 hour from the violin teacher who works in the music school saying that he is just right outside of my house. I suddenly realised we were supposed to go out to have dinner (that can’t be it. I just had dinner!). So I rushed back to my room and put on the same clothes that I wore out for dinner, flew down the stairs, and out the door, of course letting my grandma know that I’m going out with them. I was thinking. I remembered the violin teacher told me that it was supposed to be Wednesday; it can’t be today! But it turned out to be today! Can you believe me?? Haha!

There were five of us, one of them my piano teacher, and the others also piano teachers but considered my ‘friends’ as we were very friendly towards each other. We went to Secret Recipe @ Midvalley. We didn’t order much though, but we had fun talking to each other, some asking me about my studies over there, and happily enjoying the food and drinks that we ordered. On the way back, somewhere near my house (I was the first one to leave), my piano teacher gave me an ang pow, with best wishes and regards. I felt so touched. The others told me to keep in touch and study hard. Although the ang pow wasn’t personally made by her (my best friend got it), I was happy that I got to spend a night with them all.

Yes, it was fun. That was the kind of meet up I was looking for. I enjoyed every since second of it. I smiled all the way. That was the kind of feeling I wanted to get, a feeling of familiarity, closeness and maturity. I won’t forget the moments that I had, and will have, with friends who gave me an impression that they do care for me, they do know that I exist. I’m happy that I have friends who are real, and not those who turn their backs at you and backstab you for no reason (or at least not knowing what you have done to upset another).

Thank you for what you have done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment