Monday, August 01, 2005

3 continuous days of fun and torture

Wow, three days of stuff to write bout... That's a challenge. Ok, here goes:

ON the 30th July, which was a Saturday, was a pre-departure briefing held by British Council. I took along my friend. Gosh, that day was a horror! The day started off with me and my friend teaching tuition from 9am-1pm (long huh?). When our student came, I was still showering! Just imagine how tired I was, and how much I needed sleep! Teaching was kinda a dread, but it's the passion that's driving me.. Then, we had to rush over to our music school for her piano class. After class was over, we hadn't had our lunch yet, so we ate at a restaurant nearby, something on the average scale, both taste and price. Knowing me, I don't really wear a watch nowadays, I couldn't keep track of the time. When both of us finished our meal, it was about 3.30pm already. The briefing starts at 4pm! Well, I thought it wouldn't be a problem cuz the roads would be empty on a day and time like this. But I spoke too soon. It was congested like mad! We managed to arrive at about 4.10pm and parked the car in an open air space (originally, our plan was to take the lrt there, cuz it'd be convenient). We were about 15 mins late. The talk wasn't that helpful though, cuz most of the stuff they talk bout, were already done. So, i guess the helpful stuff I got was the pre-departure pack (a folder of information actually).

We went to KLCC later to kill time before dinner. We had an idea of going to a nearby japanese restaurant that both of us were familiar of. So, we eventually did go. Gosh, was it us or was it the restaurant's fault? If we eat in a high class place, we make so much noise. If we eat in hawker stalls, we keep quiet. WHAT'S WRONG WITH US??? HAHAHA!! The food indeed was really good. We were making so many jokes, laughing like 2 incredibly mad people as though we were already drunk when all we had was just green tea. That was really funny! What I really wanna state here so I can remember were the mangoes and the macha ice cream with red beans. They were the few of the best desserts I've ever tasted. They meant a lot to me.

ON the 31st July, I was dragged for mountain climbing again, mainly just because we wanted to reach to the waterfall uphill. The journey up was a tiring one, although I felt it less exhausting if I could go on walking uphill without having to stop once in a while to wait for the slow ones, especially my sister. About 80% uphill, we came across a beautiful majestic waterfall, us standing about 2-300m away and 3-4 km tall from the bottom of the falls. That was really an experience. Wasn't able to swim in the waters when we got up to the area we wanted, cuz of my terrible cough since a few weeks ago. Believe me, the water is really cold.

We reached back down the hill at about 2.30 to 3pm. I was really tired then, so i went off to nap in the car. I wasn't aware that they were planning to stay on longer in a nearby town to have dinner. That was something that made me mad, cuz my mom had already said to me the day before that we were to go back to KL at about 3pm. I didn't expect that to happen. I was so mad at my mom for not being considerate. I told her (the day before) that I have a small meet at the music school at about 6.30pm. She knew it, but she didn't want to reject their plans. Sighs, it's difficult to say what really did happen, but to cut a long story short, me and my mom had a small quarrel over this, and eventually we set off back to KL.

The meet wasn't as interesting as I expected it to be. So after the meet, me and my friend went out to eat dinner. She then took me to see the doctor as my cough became worse day by day. So now I'm on medication.

TODAY, I was really tired from the medicines I took last night. But my mom decided to bring me and my aunt along to 1 Utama today. We walked around, ended up buying nothing, as there were nothing interesting and nothing that caught our attention.

The interesting part today was that my youngest uncle's wife gave birht to their first child, a daughter. She was beautiful, even thought physically just OK, but it was really nice to see a newborn lying down on the small bed hospitals provide, seeing them sleeping soundly. Made me feel really touched, somehow.

OK.. I really wanna talk more bout the baby, but I can't hold on much longer. Yes, I took medication. Seriously, if I go on any longer, I'd drop my head on the computer, and snore away. So I'll finish off this post next time then. Tata!

No comments:

Post a Comment