Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It's been a while...

Let me see... I've been up to, well, almost nothing these few weeks, and the thought of updating my blog has NEVER crossed my mind at all... Until this late afternoon, when I was waiting at the bus stop, almost 15 mins early (or in other words, JUST missed the bus).

I looked up into the sky. That sky... It looks so familiar. The same sky I see after a long rainy session: greyish clouds like smoke floating through the grey sky, the colours so close to each other that they almost camouflage. It reminds me of my childhood, my memories, my home.

It's the Year of the Pig already. A few more years later, it'll be my year. On the first day of this Pig year, my uncle and aunt, who just got married not long ago, bore a little girl. What a way to start the new year. And guess what? I've got another cousin.

Saturday was the final night, and for the Chinese, it's supposed to be a reunion dinner for the family. I haven't got to celebrate that for 2 years, and for another year to come. Instead, I told myself I should enjoy the night, and thus I (and another friend) started to plan on that day itself for a steamboat dinner at my house (otherwise known as hotpot). We had 2 soup bases: chicken and tom-yam. Really nice a dinner, it was.

On Sunday, which was the first day of the new year, I stayed at home doing nothing till the night. I started watching "Love Generation", an old 90s Japanese love drama I got from my friend and copied into my hard-disk, since I needed the space to keep other things. This time, I didn't have to plan for anything for that night. We had a Chinese food buffet in Leamington Spa, a city about 45 mins bus-ride from here. We each spent 9 pounds, but it was worth it, since the food was much better than the ones in Coventry (which were cheaper, so it's fair enough). The guys down the road then came over to our place for some after dinner chat, and one of them brought along some turnip cakes and 'kuaci'. The cakes were really nice; too bad I was too full to have more.

I just finished watching the 11 long episodes of the drama today.

Yesterday, I talked to my friend about not studying for the past few weeks, and feeling guilty for not doing anything. We decided to start studying, and thus it became our new year resolution. Speaking of which, I realised I've got 1 coursework to finish by the end of term, and 3 more to work on during the holidays (there goes my holidays again!) and preparation for my finals. Sighs... Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment