Thursday, July 27, 2006

The many priorities in life

Ever since my come back from UK, I've been through a lot of things. Well, let's start talking about things now, since I've got LOADS of time to spend at my work place on my work desk.

Let's see... I've talked about my trip to Penang, about the dance performance.. What else am I missing? Oh yes, right... OK...

The many few reasons I came back for my summer holidays is that I have to help out in my music school's concert this coming September. How exciting. No, seriously, IT IS exciting. I have not felt this excited since the last concert we've dealt with. Considering I am now able to teach small children how to sing songs, supervise some musicians in their playing, and of course, other small matters besides, like typing out a score and planning the programme, it's making me anticipate for Sundays (even though that's a day when the labour force tends to hate so much, including me, now). I like the feeling of rushing for things, having something to do, and not to be bored the whole time (like what I have to be doing now - to be bored). Looking on the bright side, it's also something that I like to do. That's what's pushing me.

Other than that, my mom's friend introduced me to this (dreaded) direct sales company which (thankfully) offered me a temporary post as a Marketing Exec (I think, well, that's what the previous owner of this table was doing). The post sounds 'superior', but not a single bit it is. Look at me (not literally, obviously), I'm spending my office hours surfing the net, checking my email, reading my book, etc etc. Looking on the bright side (again!), I'm getting paid to be bored... Not bad for a job... Haha! Well, the reason why is that the Superiors (yes, the bosses, and yes, there are 4) are all gone for a roadshow (kinda), so there isn't anyone to let me do anything, well -- yet.

Oh, one the 'thing' that I was so freakin' frustrated about for the past 2 months: my K750i has been fixed, and for a pricey fee indeed. I loaned the money from my mom, and she expects the return after I get my salary. Hopefully there's enough to spare for my personal use... Looking on the bright side (not again!), I get to use my camera phone again. It's good to have a camera phone with you, in case you need to take memorable moments back home. And for a fact that I can't even afford to buy a camera myself, I think I'll have to rely on camera phones for these few years. It's also an advantage though, to have both a phone and a camera together, instead of taking a phone AND a camera out with you. Wouldn't that be bulgy and bulky? Thank you, modern innovative technology! (That made me wonder how future devices would be like.. Haven't you ever wished you could live to see how the future looks like? Sighs... Life's too short...)

So summing it all up, I'm not that free now, but looking into details, I'm actually very free. Contradiction! (Speaking of which, I didn't do well in my first year. Sob sob... So i'm not gonna say anything about it.)

alone in new world + busy doing lotsa stuff - money to spend = Nothing! Zilch! Zero! Empty!

No comments:

Post a Comment