Sunday, October 23, 2005

Nice time here...

Hi's again! hehe.. Yep, I'm fine now. Was just a bit depressed that time. Of course I dint take such a long time to recover! Just lazy to write anything in my blog.. that's all. haha

dun mind if i use internet language to write my blog rite? cuz im lazy to press the 'shift' button everytime i have to. haha...

well, anybody interested in how my life is like here? yes? no? anyway, can't stop me now, cuz im starting my blabbering engine, and off we go....!!

hmm.. it's been a month since i got here in england. the first time i laid my feet on this land, my dreams were finally true. i get to experience life in a new way, a new perspective. it was already starting to get cold when i got out of the airport to the coach, included in the orientation package, which takes students to the university campus, which takes bout 2 hours to reach here. u know, the weather then wasnt at all that cold, cuz that time i tho it was really cold already. thinking back, i shouldve just wore a short sleeved t-shirt, and just khakis (jeans are warmer, duh). now, the weather is starting to get really cold, and the nights longer than the days when i just arrived.

orientation week was a bore actually. just cuz of my best friend who wanted to come on one of the days, i couldnt go to oxford, or stratford, which was included in orientation, and it was 'free'. the food kinda tastes ok; some really bad, some just ok, but none which tastes really good. but at least we got something to eat, without spending anymore of our moneys.

i made new friends, some just to get acquainted, some turned out to be course mates (not close), and some even turned out to be really good friends. i've experienced highs and lows with everyone i know here, and i got to know them better. i'm happy with how i m now. oh, there's this one friend in particular who's in my course, and also a realy good cook. i have to mention this cuz she's made food for me so many times that i havent done anything back for her yet... im, at the moment, really greatful for her doings. cheers!

my studies, well, is going alright. i basically understood much of the lectures; some were worth going, some were not as they were pointless and we already have the notes, or just plain boring and not understandable. my tests scores are generally ok. they're not great at all. its kinda tough, seriously. i dint know it would be such a challenge to study in a uni. i hope i can improve and do much better later on. i dun wanna do badly this time, as i was sponsored. i dun wanna let anyone down in many ways. i know i can do it. i just have to keep the faith in myself. i'll succeed one day...

oh, the culture here... its not bad for me.. its just that the ppl here love to club all nite (even on weekdays) and drink like crazy till they get dead drunk. that's so kewl.. haha... jk.. not as tho i wanna join them.. u ppl know me rite?? so not outgoing and boring. haha

my room mate is not as great as i thought. not mentioning anything else bout him, cuz i dun wanna get criticised again... (wanna know? ask me! be glad to spill his beans out.. haha)

hmm... wat else...? nothing else i guess... anything else, i'll come back again to disturb u ppl again! haha...

CHEERS!

[got to learn that new phrase. definition: literally, for ppl who drink to their lives. daily usage, usually in place of 'thank you'. in this case, to ur good lives! ;) ]

PS: its already starting to get dark... damn man...

No comments:

Post a Comment