Saturday, February 07, 2009

Chinese New Year's ... pink?

The Chinese (or formally, the Lunar) New Year is almost over, and I've got my share of ang-pows after 3 years of not getting any.

And I usher my first day of work with a pleasant set of diarrhetic trips to the toilet, with a feverish dish on the side. I managed to sleep 10 hours that night, and wake up just in time for work the next day. You do the math.

Pink bunny balloon held in my hands

I have a 2 year old cousin, who is sooo adorable that the whole of the family loves her sooo much that she became the family favourite. The sight of that makes me quite sick sometimes, to the stomach (no reference to my earlier experience intended at all).

They bought her this balloon (I'm guessing they found a vendor on the streets then with his fabulous display of rainbow-coloured balloons, either soaring up high, or stuck on a stick), and just a few hours after purchase, I realised something...

Hmmm...

Isn't this the slightest suggestive? OK, maybe this is too much. To abolish these balloons is absurd. Look at the cute bunny face they drew on the balloon, the huge ears it has (ignoring what I just showed you), and... Such a popular choice among the kids! It's just harsh to take a balloon away from children, not to mention just only a child.

Children. Sure they are adorable little gifts sent by God. Sure they are cute things you see everywhere on the walkway in a shopping mall, so cute that you'd want to give them a huge sloppy kiss on their tiny little face, and give their puffy little cheeks a slight squeeze 'cause they are just TOO cute. But have given it a thought how it would be like to really raise these small devils sent from hell? I bet you didn't.

Enough about them. Sometimes it scares me to think I'd be having one (or even some) of them sometime along the way.

*shudders*

No comments:

Post a Comment