Monday, September 25, 2006

Consecutive fun

On a bright saturday morning, the sun shone its glorious light. The half dead city woke up from its slumber, and some readily start their day toiling away for a few hours. What a dread.

Haha... enough of that crap. Yep, I woke up. Time to get ready for a Malacca trip. Exciting huh? Not really. It's the smallest (well-known) town in Malaysia. I might have got my facts wrong, but it is indeed small. I have no idea why we're going there (well, for a start, it was my mom's friend who introduced me to my job, blah blah blah, yeah, that crap, who told us to go visit his factory).

Guess what? I was really wrong. It had been SUCH a long time since I've been there. As I can recall (but not clearly), I haven't been there for more than 10 years. See how many places my family likes to take me? Zilch, Zero, None. Oh well.

And for such a long time, I haven't been dazzled this much throughout my teenage life. The place is full of heritage and history: a really beautiful place. I've got a chance to visit St John's Fort, St Paul's (church, I think -- one of the most famous landmarks in Malacca), and 'Holland street' (well, that's what my family calls it in chinese, and till now, I have no idea what that street is really called). I got to try out their famous 'ikan bakar' and other seafood, and their Nyonya food. Really good food!

Anyway, I went to a museum, Cheng He Museum, to understand how important this Chinese eunuch-became-admiral is. He's impressive though, so if you wanna know more about him, go google it yourself. Haha...

Straight after that, we got back in KL at around 5pm, and I've already got a date with my music school friends. Supposed to celebrate my music teacher's birthday today. So we went out for dinner in Leisure Mall at Vietnamese Kitchen. This place is really good. Watched Miami Vice too after that. Violent, yet cool. A few of my good friends (all younger than me, oh well...) :

* Note: The one in pink, ie, the guy on the FAR left is not someone I know. And I repeat, he's the girl in red shirt's boyfriend, and frankly, I do not know her that well as well. =P

1 comment:

  1. Finally photos.. hahahahaa...
    im bored! hehehe

    ReplyDelete