Saturday, June 18, 2005

Chapter 4: Time to embark on a new journey

So... It's finally confirmed that I can go over to UK to study huh?

How lucky I am, I thought, to be able to go study in UK, considering that my family couldnt afford the fees after the expensive conversion. It is my dream, my future, my bright light at the end of the tunnel. I feel finally free from the bonds of family, I finally feel released from my nest, flying to survive on my own. How happy I was; when I was told I will be sponsored of my tuition fees, when I first held my results over hardwork and toil, when I saw that my conditional offer became 'accepted' on my computer screen. That's something to rejoice about..

Then problems start pouring in. Not in the technical sense, as in the procedures and the process of getting there, but mentally. I started to picture how it would be like there: nice environment, beautiful sceneries, new friends... Well, everything there should be nicer than Malaysia, that's all I know. And most importantly, my 'best' friend applied to the same place as I did. Then I added my friend into the picture... Picture perfect! The things we can do together; the list is endless!

I got quite disappointed. Everything was ruined. My friend just don't have the confidence in getting good grades. My mother keeps on reminding me that the people there are not friendly, they can do anything to you. My friend did also say that she would miss her family and friends a lot here, if she went overseas to study. That made me think about my family and friends too.

Now, i don't really want to go!

Well, today, was the start of the travel fair in Malaysia. I had a chance to finish getting some winter stuff that i'll need over at UK. It wasn't that bad.. At least, everything is sold cheaper.

Hope everything will be fine. It'll turn out to be as I wanted it to be... God forbid...

(tbc)

No comments:

Post a Comment